Talk to Representative Brenda Carter!
What is your issue?
Let us know what is keeping you up at night!
Your Issues That Matter to All of Us
I am currently serving in my first term as State Representative, District 29. The 29th District encompasses the Auburn Hills, Keego Harbor, Orchard Lake Village, Pontiac, and Sylvan Lake. I proudly serve on the Education Committee, Insurance Committee, and Families, Children, and Seniors Committee.
I work hard every day addressing the shortcomings in our state's infrastructure, including the availability and distribution of fresh water, updated and smooth roads and highways, structurally-safe bridges, and modern well-equipped airports. Now we are working 24/7 to keep our community updated on COVID-19. These issues are critical not only for the state to remain competitive nationally and in business, but also to solidify the quality of life for our citizens.
ROADS AND INFRASTRUCTURE
- Downtown development
- Local roads funding
- Safe drinking water systems
- Connect all MI residents to high-speed broadband internet
- Long term substitutes
- Equitable funding for all districts
- Equal pay for teachers
- Early childhood development/from cradle to career
- Skilled Trades
- Increase minimum wage. current living wage is $11.29 current minimum wage is $9.25
- High wage skilled trades
- Medical Benefits
- Retirement Benefits
- Leave Pay (Medical)
- More strict Lobby rules
- Better transparency from the MEDC
- Partisan gerrymandering
- Personal financial disclosure
- Air quality
- Access to clean drinking water for all
- Protect our Great lakes
- Find impartial experts
UNION PROTECTED JOBS
- Job Security
- Knowledge of plant shut downs
- Prevailing wage
- Priority job placement
- Fair wage and benefit negotiation