Talk to Representative Brenda Carter!
What is your issue?
Let us know what is keeping you up at night!
Your Issues That Matter to All of Us
I am currently serving in my first term as State Representative, District 53. The 53rd District encompasses the precinct 4 of Auburn Hills, Pontiac, and precincts 14 through 21 of Waterford Township.. I proudly serve as chair of the Insurance and Financial Services Committee, Health Policy, Tax Policy, and the Joint Committee of Administrative Rules (JCAR).
I work hard every day addressing the shortcomings in our state's infrastructure, including the availability and distribution of fresh water, updated and smooth roads and highways, structurally safe bridges, and modern well-equipped airports. Now we are working 24/7 to keep our community updated on COVID-19. These issues are critical not only for the state to remain competitive nationally and in business, but also to solidify the quality of life for our citizens.
ROADS AND INFRASTRUCTURE
- Downtown development
- Local roads funding
- Safe drinking water systems
- Connect all MI residents to high-speed broadband internet
- Long term substitutes
- Equitable funding for all districts
- Equal pay for teachers
- Early childhood development/from cradle to career
- Skilled Trades
- Increase minimum wage. current living wage is $11.29 current minimum wage is $9.25
- High wage skilled trades
- Medical Benefits
- Retirement Benefits
- Leave Pay (Medical)
- More strict Lobby rules
- Better transparency from the MEDC
- Partisan gerrymandering
- Personal financial disclosure
- Air quality
- Access to clean drinking water for all
- Protect our Great lakes
- Find impartial experts
UNION PROTECTED JOBS
- Job Security
- Knowledge of plant shut downs
- Prevailing wage
- Priority job placement
- Fair wage and benefit negotiation